Spangler Candy Company, a world-class candy manufacturer is currently seeking anAssociate Product Development Manager to fill a full-time salaried position in the Marketing Department.
The Associate Product Development Manager has the primary responsibility for coordinating development and product changes with Sales, Marketing, QA, Manufacturing, Engineering, Shipping, Purchasing, and outside vendors.
Typical responsibilities of the Associate Product Development Manager include:
- Facilitating new product development from conception to launch and managing changes to existing products.
- Managing numerous product changes and new products simultaneously.
- Providing investigation and analysis of product improvement and cost savings.
- Meeting with supplier representatives to discuss product changes and new designs.
- Providing administrative support to Marketing, Sales and Product Development on the development of new products and project tracking.
- Developing new packaging as recommended by Sales and/or Marketing or through own initiative where cost savings may be a factor.
- Creating product specifications and packaging changes including dimensions, material, structure, design, and graphics.
- Issuing information to all affected departments concerning new and/or changing product specifications.
Qualified candidates will demonstrate the following:
- Highly attentive to details. Values accuracy and a precise approach to work tasks.
- Bachelor’s degree or product development experience preferred.
- Experience with consumer goods packaging materials such as corrugated, chipboard, bag films preferred.
- Strong innovative, analytical skills and creativity to develop new ways to problem-solve.
- Must be able to be flexible to adapt to a rapidly changing distribution channel.
- Successful candidate will possess a positive, supportive and team-oriented attitude.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proactively takes action to develop appropriate solutions.
- Strong computer skills and proficiency in MS Office.
Spangler Candy Company is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.