In order to be considered for this position you must possess the following basic requirement: High School Diploma or GEDJOB SUMMARY
Repairs, rebuilds and troubleshoots process equipment on the production floor and throughout the plant. Responsible for maintenance and adjustment of equipment to provide a quality product at an efficient, productive level. Works closely with the production process striving to improve quality and efficiency. ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Troubleshoots process and related machinery breakdowns on the production floor and throughout the plant to determine repair requirements.
- Performs simple electrical checks, disassembles equipment, makes repairs by replacing or fabricating needed parts or mechanisms; reassembles equipment and restores to proper operation.
- Services all types of packaging and auxiliary equipment related to process machinery such as box makers, overwraps, labelers, printers, conveyors, air-operated devices, robots, etc., that are synchronized with the process.Fits, adjusts and properly times these devices.
- Machines parts, solders, brazes and welds; installs piping, tubing and sheet metal, fabricating as needed.
- Oils and greases machinery and performs daily preventative maintenance.
- Instructs and assists production personnel in proper operation of equipment; ensures that safety devices are in place and operating properly.
- Studies the production process constantly taking corrective action necessary to ensure an efficient, high quality product line.
- Follows all Spangler Candy safety/sanitation policies and procedures.
- Supports the organization’s commitment to ensure that our food safety and quality plans conform to all regulatory requirements and with food quality and safety requirements of our customers and report any problems or potential problems observed concerning food safety and quality to Supervision immediately.
MARGINAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Keeps work area clean and orderly including areas throughout the plant and facilities where work is performed.
- Assists in training new process mechanics.
- Requisitions parts as needed.
- Assists the Electrician with process repairs such as motor changes, etc.
- Performs and completes other work as assigned by supervisor.
MINIMUM PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Good vision, color vision, hearing, speaking and finger dexterity skills as well as ability to perform close work. Ability to work under time pressure, work rapidly for long periods, sit, stand, walk, stoop, climb, kneel, reach, push, pull, use keyboard, lift and/or carry up to approximately 50 lbs.
MINIMUM MENTAL OR COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS
Ability to read, write, follow instructions, perform mathematical calculations and draw conclusions from visual and/or physical inspection of equipment or materials. Minimum of one(1) year industrial maintenance experience preferably in a production process atmosphere. Must be able to read schematic diagrams, manuals, parts lists and detailed instructions. Troubleshooting requires mechanical aptitude and some imagination. Accepts training and maintains skills necessary to meet new and changing technology.
Spangler Candy Company is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.